A big thanks to Hannah from RABUJOI (rabujoi.wordpress.com) for nominating dadwatchesanime for a Liebster award! It is cool to have my little blog seen by people and I appreciate the recognition (since I am very new to blogging and don’t know what I’m doing). So thank you very much and thanks to those who read my little page.
So here is my answers and info.
1. What was the first anime you ever watched?
The first anime I ever watched was back in the 90’s: Ghost in the Shell.
2. Did that first anime, or did that require watching more shows?
I tried other shows from our local video store at the time, but couldn’t get into them. It wasn’t until 2 years ago I was looking for something to watch on my Kindle one day and I started watching Clannad. That did it for me and I entered into the world of anime.
3. What is your favorite food?
Hard to say. I like Indian, Thai, Japanese, and Chinese quite a bit. I also like American BBQ.
4. Who is your favorite character designer?
Not sure how to answer that, or if my knowledge is that deep. I like a lot that is put out by Shaft Animation though.
5. If so inclined, what character would you have the least trouble cosplaying?
I could easiest do Yuugo Tennouji (aka “Mr. Braun”) from “Steins Gate” since I am bald and in my 40’s as well. However I did just cosplay as Kensei Ma from “Kenichi -The Mightiest Disciple” at Anime Milwaukee this February.
6. What is one sin an anime could commit that would make you turn your back on it?
Not sure. Sexual abuse of children is pretty hard to stomach, or any abuse for that matter. Depending how the material is presented makes a difference. I tend to like to watch a show for amusement and/ or a good story. If it creeps me out or makes me feel too discomforted I will probably drop it.
7. Who are your top 5 (or 10) characters, regardless of gender?
Alex Louis Armstrong
Olivier Mira Armstrong
The Narrator: Sgt Frog- Funimation dub (that counts doesn’t it?)
8. Assuming they’d do a good job (not at all a certainty), which anime would you most like to see made into a Hollywood film?
9. Which anime character do you identify most with, if any?
Tomoko from Watamote. I remember what it was like to feel socially awkward when I was younger.
10. What is your favorite beverage—alcoholic or otherwise?
I don’t really drink much alcohol. I do need my coffee. Locally roasted preferred. I am somewhat of a coffee snob.
11. Which anime do you wish got a sequel, that never did (or hasn’t yet)?
The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I have a Masters Degree but don’t currently use it.
2. I practiced Wing Chun Kung Fu for 8 years, but am currently taking a break.
3. I am one of the few people I know that doesn’t watch and enjoy The Walking Dead.
4. I don’t particularly care for beer.
5. I love to read, but don’t lately because the hours I work make me too tired to stay awake while reading.
6. I am an avid cook. I always like to try to find new things to make to get an idea about how a different country’s cuisine works.
7. I have competed in a BBQ contest and lost.
8. I used to see Disney’s Fantasia every year in the theater when I was a kid.
9. I have a love for a bunch of British television shows.
10. My first rock concert was Billy Idol on the Rebel Yell tour.
11. I don’t like jam bands.
My 5 NomineesI am relatively new to this so I don’t know a ton of people. If you have already been nominated or have over 1000 followers, my apologies.
animeraifu.wordpress.com (Anime Vios)
Liebster Award Rules:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and you choose to accept it, write a blog post about the Liebster Award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.)
- Once you have written and published it, you then have to inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it)
My questions for the nominees:
1. What are your top 3 animes?
2. Which anime(s) has made you cry the most?
3. Which anime that you wHaere looking forward to disappointed you the most?
4. What character have you despised most? Why?
5. Your top 10 favorite characters?
6. Your favorite OP or ED?
7. What do you watch aside from anime?
8. What upcoming shows are you looking forward to?
9. How did you get into anime?
10. Have you attended any anime conventions?
11. How do your family or peers feel about your anime viewing?
Thank you again to Hannah at RABUJOI for the nomination!
I saw that miharussi at Anime Vios ( animeraifu.wordpress.com ) also had nominated me for this award. So I will answer her questions as well. 🙂
1. Has there been a seiyuu/voice actor that you really dislike? Why (not)?
Not in particular. Where I have problem with voice actors is if I have started watching a show in Japanese and then switch to the english dub part way through. That always throws me. I do, however, think the voice actors for the english dub of Kenichi The Mightiest Disciple are better.
2. What are some of your least favorite genres? Or at least, genres that you tend to avoid?
I don’t actively avoid a genre per say. I don’t tend to watch much ecchi focused stuff or horror. I also haven’t watched much Mecha (recommendations?).
3. Do you read manga? Has there been an instance when a scene/chapter has moved you that you couldn’t help but cry?
I have only read very little manga (some Nisekoi and Kawai Complex), so nothing that would’ve made me cry…Though there was a very sweet part in Nisekoi with Chitoge’s mother.
4. What do you think is a romantic deed (e.g. confession, kiss, hug, etc) in any romance anime? Why?
Not sure how to answer this. I guess it depends on the context of an act to make it romantic in my opinion.
5. Do you have keep a MAL account? Follow up questions: [5.a.] If you do, show off your MALgraph awards (anime and/or manga, whichever is fine with you) by posting a screencap. Which award do you wish to level up next and why [5.b.] If you don’t have a MAL, do you have a profile on any other anime listing service? Why prefer that over MAL? (Or why not keep any at all?)
I do not have a MAL account. Maybe someday.
6. Do you keep or wish to keep a pet/s? Describe your bonding moments.
We have an American Eskimo dog named Gonzo (for the muppet). He is a sweet, hyperactive dog. He loves it when I pick him up and let him lay on my lap to get his belly, neck, and ears scratched.
7. In which of the 16 personalities (Myers-Briggs typology) do you classify? (Click here if you haven’t taken a test.) Do you agree with the result?
The Entertainer….I don’t know about that. In some situations perhaps.
8. Whatcha say?
“She’s built like a steakhouse, but handles like a bistro.” – Zapp Brannigan
9. How did you come up with your username? Do you use other usernames in other sites?
It is a combination of where I live and my job.
10. What do you do to unwind?
Watch anime, exercise, I used to do martial arts, cook, laugh, spend time doing something fun with my boys.
11. Do you hate these questions? Was this reward too troublesome for you?
Not at all.
1. Full Metal Alchemist, Code Geass and Death Note.
3. The recent Berserk movies were disappointing. They just retold the old series with less content and bad CG.
4. No Idea. I’ll say Shinji from Eva because he is so whiny.
5. No idea. Maybe I will post this on my blog when I have more time to collate my thoughts.
6. Dunno. I suppose the FMA openings and endings are cool.
7. Not much these days. Shift work and video games eat up my free time.
8. Durarara season two should be cool.
9. Watched stuff like Robotech on TV and Voltron on VHS.
10. A handful. Some Salon de Mangas in Spain and a couple of London Comic Cons.
11. They don’t seem to care about my geeky interests.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m not so sure how to feel if Watamote were to be adapted into a live action film. Also, I wouldn’t be so surprised if I ever meet you in person and find you like the 3D version of Mr. Braun.
I just found out you did this Liebster thing, I was about to nominate you (but I actually did). I also didn’t notice you nominated my blog. Thank you for the thought!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I just thought Watamote seemed like a do-able adaptation, squeamishly uncomfortable yes, but do-able. Well, not like the murderous Mr Braun 😀 , but shaved head and 40’s yes. I have muscles, but I am not quite the body builder Mr Braun is. Thanks for the thought in nominating me as well, I appreciate it!
Watamote would have to require its main actor to do disgusting stuff (you know, soaking her hair with cola?). But yeah, it can pretty much be done with a low budget and lots of creativity to pull off that nasty atmosphere.
Even the murderous Mr. Braun looked very nice until the end. I might mistake you for him if we ever cross paths, sir. (which is highly unlikely at this moment because I’m on the other side of the globe haha)
Btw, I answered your questions as well. 😉 Also, you may choose to answer my questions!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Questions answered! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
The easiest I can recommend for a good mecha show with heavy space sci-fi elements is the recent anime Sidonia no Kishi. I wrote about it a while ago, and it’s one of my “surprise” shows last year. 😉 If you don’t mind heavy political, psychological, and violent themes (but, of course, made easy for viewing with the usual, pleasing tropes), Code Geass is the series to go with.
Awww. Chitoge’s mom’s arc is one of the best I read in a shounen romance manga. It’s really really sweet, I was about to cry. Chitoge’s mom is so moe to boot!
Ugh. I just realized the 4th question I gave is a dumb question. -_-
Anyhoo, thanks for answering my questions! Learned some info about a fellow blogger, which is always nice.
LikeLiked by 1 person
No problem and thanks for the recommendations! I just got my son (who has been asking for because of Sgt Frog) Mobile Suit Gundam Wing series. It was at the used book store. 10 dvds for $60.00. Pretty good…I think?